9 Beekman Street | Manhattan, New York Engineers
The nine-story subject building known as the Temple Court Building and Annex, originally built circa 1881-83, consists of two connected structures. The building was designated as a Landmark on February 10, 1998 by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission. The nine-story (ten stories in certain portions) Temple Court Building was commissioned by Eugene Kelly, an Irish American multi-millionaire-merchant-banker, and built in 1881-1883 to the designs of architects Silliman & Farnsworth.
E2PM scope of work was to perform a pre-construction survey of the nine-story building before renovation activities took place. E2PM inspected the interior walls at the exterior perimeter of the building to check for interior damage to the building façade. The roof, basement and interior lightwell core were also inspected. E2PM was also asked to update the finding of the 2007 Local Law 11 Report which was previous prepared for the property owner.
The renovation project is scheduled to be completed in 2014, including Silliman & Farnsworth’s wonderful resurrected and restored interiors.