E2PM was contracted to prepare air permits for both Lawrenceville and Westminster Campuses for Rider University. The following tasks were performed to satisfy the NJDEP Air Quality Permitting Program:
Task 1 – Emission Inventory Evaluation of Lawrenceville and Westminster Campuses
- Visit each of the 34 buildings where potential air sources have been identified per the February 13th fax. (19 buildings at Lawrenceville and 6 buildings at Westminster)
- Prepare a list of all air sources at each campus.
- Compare to definitions of significant sources, insignificant sources and exempt sources pursuant to N.J.A.C. 7:27-8.
- Provide recommendations of air sources needing a preconstruction permit and operating certificate as well as associated fees.
Task 2 – Assessment of Potential to Emit
- Prepare electronic emission calculations for each air source based on maximum capacity and continuous operation.
- Estimate total maximum potential to emit for each campus.
- Evaluate whether either campus has a potential to emit greater than the allowable emission limits requiring a facility to submit an annual emission statement pursuant to NJAC 7:27-21.
- Recommend methods to decrease each campus’s potential to emit below the allowable emission limits.
Task 3 – Preparation and Modification of Preconstruction Permit Applications
- Prepare Preconstruction Permit Application or/and Modification to existing permits in RADIUS and all the associated supporting documentation for the submittal package including emission calculations, cover letter and certification form.
- If needed, meet with NJDEP and/or to respond to their comments on the permit application.
- Prepare permit renewal for existing boilers at Westminster.
Task 4 – Compliance Auditing
- Prepare spreadsheet and forms for each campus to audit and track compliance with the preconstruction permit requirements such as monthly fuel consumption and visual emission inspections.