The United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) finalized rules regarding changes to the renewable fuel standard program on March 26, 2010. The final rule requires domestic producers of over 10,000 gallons per year of renewable fuel to submit a report by an independent third party which verifies the products, by-products, co-products and energy sources of their process by July 1, 2010. The review must include an on-site inspection by a professional engineer licensed in the state where the facility is located and familiar with engineering within chemical facilities.
E2PM was contracted to conduct a verification audit at Innovation Fuels, Inc. Tasks included an on-site inspection of the facility including on-site production records and procedures. E2PM prepared a Compliance Report, which was completed in accordance to USEPA requirements of 40 CFR Part 80.1450(b).
The documentation review included:
- Site Plans and Plot Plans
- Process Flow Diagrams
- Equipment Specifications
- Production Records for the preceding six to 12 months
- Plant Operation and Maintenance Manuals
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Air/Environmental permits
- USEPA Biodiesel Fuel Registration Letter
- Tank Storage and Capacity Records
- Contracts/Agreements with vendors for feed products and co-products
- Contracts/Agreements for waste materials